Have a Question?
05. Is it necessary to flush the engine before switching to another oil?
Necessity of the engine flush:
- Before upgrade to a superior oil specification (e.g. API SL replaced with API SN)
- Low quality (high sulfur) fuel used
- Previous drain intervals unknown or OEM recommended intervals exceeded
- Questionable quality of the oil used earlier
- Previous product data unavailable
Purpose of the oil flush:
- Removes accumulated sludge and deposits
- Removes drained oil residue, wear particles and by-products of the fuel combustion.